Strawberry Kesari



one measure of rawa/sooji
two to three measure of water depending on the variety
one measure of sugar
one third measure of ghee(I used about 1/4th measure)
two measures of strawberry chopped into fine pieces
roasted cashew nuts for decoration
cardamom powder

Roast the rawa with few spoons of ghee until a nice aroma comes. Boil the water in the microwave and slowly add this to the rawa stirring it. Cook the rawa until all the water is absorbed. In the meanwhile, cook the strawberries with very little water in the microwave. Add this to the rawa, the sugar and the ghee and cook until the sugar is melted and begins to form a soft dough like consistency. Sprinkle some cardamom powder and the roasted cashew nuts. I am sending this recipe to Nivedita's Celebrate Sweets - Warm Desserts guest hosted by Priya Mitharwal.

I looked into my pantry to only find Fada(fine) which I had bought it last week instead of the regular rawa. Hence, I decided to use this to make the above kesari. This looked more like fine cracked wheat. However, this turned out to be a much healthier version of the dessert which we all loved it. I also realized that this wheat rawa could have taken more water and sugar. I am going to have to try this again with these changes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corn and Spinach Dhokla for MAITRI

Pecan Ladoo

Steel cut Oats Upma