Dosa with Celery, Carrots and Spring Onion

With the leftover dosa batter after making the masala dosas, I wanted to do something different.   Adding any vegetables to a dosa batter and preparing them becomes an Uthappam.  However, I wanted to try it out differently. I remembered that Kanjeevaram Idlis are done using the seasonings given below which are sauteed with some cashew nuts and then added to the batter or they are just simply added to the batter without sauteing.  I decided to use all those ingredients excepting the cashews and also some vegetables sauteed and then use it in the batter. Here is what I did:



3 cups of dosa batter
3 stalks of celery trimmed
1 small carrot peeled
few sprigs or coriander leaves with the stems
3 spring onion stems - just use only the green part
1 green chili chopped finely
1 small piece of ginger chopped
1/2 tsp of pepper cumin powder coarse
2 tsp of chana dal soaked and drained

Process the celery stalk coarsely and also the carrot and the coriander leaves.  Chop the spring onion leaves fine.  Take a spoon of oil in a pan...add the chili and the ginger followed by pepper cumin powder and chana dal.  After 30 seconds add all the vegetables, salt and saute it for a minute on high stirring all the time.  Turn off the stove.  Add this to the dosa batter and mix it well.


Make this like the regular dosas and enjoy!! As I had processed the vegetables well enough,  I could spread it out like the regular dosas. I did not have to make it thick like Uthappam.

Comments

  1. Hi Krithika, first time here.. I love to try different dosa varieties.. this one looks healthy and very easy.. will try this soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pecan Ladoo

Corn and Spinach Dhokla for MAITRI

Beetroot Pulao