Bean Burgers



3/4 cup boiled kidney beans
3/4 cup boiled black eyed beans
2 medium potatoes
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 of yellow capsicum/peppers
3-4 green chillies
3 tsp grated ginger
3 big garlic cloves
3 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
chopped coriander

Take oil and saute the onions lightly. Add green chilli, garlic and ginger, stir for half a minute and add the the finely chopped capsicum. Add a pinch of salt for it to cook faster. Turn off once it is done and leave it to cool.

Take the beans in a food processor and run it to get a coarse mixture. Add the cooled vegetables and pulse for it to process lightly and get mixed. Transfer these to a bowl of coarsely mashed potatoes. Add the necessary salt, the lemon juice and the coriander leaves to combine well into a dough. You can always check if the salt and spices are well blended by tasting a small piece.

Make big lemon sized balls and shape them into round patties. I baked half of them and cooked the rest half on the stove top with a teaspoon of oil for each patty. The ones on the right in the picture are baked.
I found that ground oats works well as a good binder when I tried some oats and sprouts patties earlier. I prefer this over the cornflour. However, I forgot to add them today to these burgers and I was having some difficulty in keeping up the shape of some of the patties.

These can be served as an appetizer or a snack with some hot tomato sauce.

Tip: If I am baking my patties, I add in a few spoons of oil into the dough while kneading.

I am sending this recipe to MLLA 34 event of Susan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corn and Spinach Dhokla for MAITRI

Pecan Ladoo

Beetroot Pulao