Lobiya(Black Eyed Peas) Poha

I decided to prepare this poha for lunch one day for myself as I usually never get to make this.  My kids are not a big fan of the Poha dishes, though this can be a good snack when they get home hungry.  However, as this poha alone would not quite keep me filled up, I decided to add some cooked lobiya to it.   This was quite delicious and enjoyed it thoroughly with some usual seasonings.




1 cup thick poha - washed and soaked in abt 1/2 cup water
1/2 cup of cooked lobiya water drained(I soaked 1/4 cup of
lobiya just for this purpose and got a 1/2 cup
heaped amount of lobiya -cooked with little salt)
1 tsp mustard seeds
1.5 tsp urad dal
hing powder
1 red chilli
curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tblsp oil
grated coconut to taste
crushed black pepper to taste

Take the oil, splutter the mustard, urad, red chilli, hing and curryleaves, add the poha and salt needed and stir till it combines well.  Add the lobiya, crushed pepper and stir once again.  Add the grated coconut and give it a good stir.  Enjoy this with some curds or pickle.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corn and Spinach Dhokla for MAITRI

Pecan Ladoo

Steel cut Oats Upma