Eggless Banana Bread

An all time  favorite of the kids as well as adults.  This is a very simple recipe that I heard from my cousin.  Every time I make this bread I just blindly follow this and it is so simple and easy to remember.




The recipe my cousin gave me calls for 3 big bananas for 2 cups of flour.  But the bananas I had were small in size and some portion had to be discarded.  Hence, I decided to halve the recipe and it turned out to be really good.

3 small bananas(I lost some and would have effectively used about two and a half or you can use one and a half big ripe bananas)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup unbleached flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
pinch of salt

Mash the bananas in a small bowl.  Add oil and the brown sugar and combine this thoroughly.  Mix all the dry ingredients in a bigger bowl.  Add the banana oil and sugar mixture to the flour and combine well. Add water if needed to get the right consistency.  The batter will be thick but should flow down smooth and slow but not too fast or too slow when taken in a spoon.  Add the walnuts.

Bake this at 350 degrees for 40 minutes in a small loaf pan.

This recipe goes to Eggless and Vegan Bakes event of hosted by Priya's Easy and Tasty Recipes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pecan Ladoo

Corn and Spinach Dhokla for MAITRI

Beetroot Pulao